8 Essential Items for Your Vacation Diaper BagAround this time of year, many families are beginning to plan vacations. You might be visiting a relative, an exotic beach, or taking your family to the old fashioned family favorite: Disney World.
If you’re off to Orlando, I have two pieces of importance advice: 1) Stay in a vacation home rental near Disney so you can avoid the hassle of hotels and give yourself room to stretch out, and 2.) Make sure to always have a stocked diaper bag. When you’re out in the parks (Orlando or anywhere, really), buying a necessity on-the-go can be expensive. Here’s everything you need in your diaper bag.
1. Drinks, in no spill tumblers or bottles. Water and sodas are expensive in the park. Fill them up at water fountains whenever you can.
2. Spare clothes. Clothing items can be costly in the park, so you don’t want to rely on the gift shop for spares. Stuff them tightly in a Ziploc bag so you can use the bag for anything that gets soiled or wet.
3. Sturdy walking shoes. The heat might make you tempted to wear flip flops. If you do, bring sneakers along with you. You’ll be doing a lot of walking that will wear on your feet.
4. Snacks and treats. Food is expensive in the parks, so bring some easy-to-carry snacks along like granola bars or crackers. You won’t be able to last the day without eating something.
5. First aid kit. You’ll want basic first aid supplies like bandages, aspirin, anti-septic cream, etc. In this kit should also be some emergency contact information.
6. Baby wipes – not just for changing diapers! In mass public places, you might want to have something to create a more hygienic space. Wipe down seats before you sit or handle anything. They’re also good for meal-time messes.
7. Portable DVD player or game system. If you take a break during the day, you’ll want your kids to sit still in the shade to take a rest. Bring something to distract them.
8. Trading pin lanyard. Most people don’t know this, but you can trade pins with anyone in the park, buy them in the gift shop, and even trade with the characters. It’s a fun game that kids really get into, but you’ll need your lanyard to carry them all.
Written by Steve Casey of Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals
Look no further for vacation home rentals near Disney in Florida! Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals has thirty years experience providing guests with the best Florida dream vacation experiences possible, as well as a level of customer service that exceeds exceptions. They’re based in Orlando with a satellite office in the United Kingdom, so they know how to provide superior service to domestic and European guests.
Feel free to call upon their expert team to provide you with a smooth booking experience for your vacation rental home, condo, villa or townhouse in Orlando, Florida or other Florida destinations. We will help you do all of the planning so you and yours can start making memories!
For more information visit www.floridasunshinevacationrentals.com.
Interested in writing a guest blog for Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals? Send your topic idea to [email protected].
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.