4 Easy Meals to Cook in Your Vacation Home RentalWhile traveling, it can sometimes be difficult to have a nutritious, home-cooked meal, especially if you are staying at a hotel. If you staying at a vacation rental home, it will feature a full sized kitchen so you can save money by going grocery shopping and having a delicious meal at home. Still, you don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen while on vacation, so here are some ideas for quick and easy meals that you can cook in your vacation home rental.
Chicken, Bacon, and Spinach Spaghetti
Prep: 20 mins
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti or angel hair according to package directions until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until cooked through, 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into strips.
3. In a second skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and drain, then chop.
4. Pour off half the bacon fat and to skillet add garlic, tomatoes, and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Add heavy cream, Parmesan, and 1/2 cup pasta water and let simmer, then add spaghetti or angel hair and toss until fully coated.
5. Add chicken and bacon and toss, then garnish with basil and serve.
Full Recipe: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45774/chicken-bacon-and-spinach-spaghetti-recipe/
Sesame Chicken with Rice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
2. Coat chicken with flour; shake off the excess.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet and quickly brown chicken, turning once.
4. Place chicken in an 11x7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes.
5. While chicken is cooking, combine the soy sauce, sherry, and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until fully combined. Prepare white rice according to package directions.
6. When chicken has baked for 15 minutes, baste with sauce and continue baking 15 minutes longer or until cooked through, basting every 5 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and sprinkle with sesame seed.
Full Recipe: http://www.momswhothink.com/quick-and-easy-dinner-recipes/sesame-chicken-and-rice.html
Easy Burrito Bowls
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
1. To make the chipotle cream sauce, whisk together sour cream, chipotle paste, garlic, lime juice and salt; set aside.
2. In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; let cool and stir in salsa; set aside.
3. To assemble the bowls, divide rice mixture into serving bowls; top with lettuce, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro.
4. Serve immediately, drizzled with chipotle cream sauce.
Full Recipe: http://damndelicious.net/2014/09/10/easy-burrito-bowls/
Tomato Spinach Grilled Cheese
Time: 20 mins
1. Heat a griddle skillet over medium heat. Divide the olive oil over the outside of each slice of bread. Spread the pesto sauce over the inside of four slices of bread. Place half a slice of the provolone cheese on four pieces of bread followed by the sun dried tomatoes and fresh spinach.
2. Place the other half of provolone cheese slice on top of the spinach and top with the other slice of bread.
3. Add the sandwiches to the grill pan and grill until golden brown and the cheese is starting to melt, about 2-4 minutes on each side. Serve them while they are still warm.
Full Recipe: http://www.eatgood4life.com/sun-dried-tomato-spinach-grilled-cheese-sandwich/
Written by Steve Casey of Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals
Look no further for vacation home rentals near Disney in Florida! Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals has thirty years experience providing guests with the best Florida dream vacation experiences possible, as well as a level of customer service that exceeds exceptions. They’re based in Orlando with a satellite office in the United Kingdom, so they know how to provide superior service to domestic and European guests.
Feel free to call upon their expert team to provide you with a smooth booking experience for your vacation rental home, condo, villa or townhouse in Orlando, Florida or other Florida destinations. We will help you do all of the planning so you and yours can start making memories!
For more information visit www.floridasunshinevacationrentals.com.
Interested in writing a guest blog for Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals? Send your topic idea to [email protected].
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.