Things to Bring When Vacationing at Disney
A Disney family vacation is a magical time that will be filled with special memories that will last a lifetime. What can you do to make the trip completely memorable? Make sure you’re well prepared so that you can turn all your focus to the park, rides, and simply having fun with your family! Parents often get overwhelmed making sure their little ones are comfortable and taken care of, but they don’t spend time enjoying the experience themselves. Start a checklist before your trip so you can bring all of the essentials and have nothing to worry about once you’re at the park.
- Comfy shoes – These are the top of the list because you will be doing a ton of walking and every family member should be wearing their most comfortable shoes. It’s no fun walking around with blisters and having to reapply Band-Aids throughout the day.
- Sunscreen – First thing to do each morning before you leave is apply sunscreen everywhere. This is something people tend to forget but you’ll regret it once you leave the park looking like a lobster. Sunburn is painful and can ruin the rest of your trip so make sure to put on sunscreen each day.
- Water - It’s easy to become dehydrated after walking for a long period of time in the hot sun. Your kids may not realize they are thirsty because they are so distracted by all of the fun so you have to remind them to constantly drink water – this goes for parents as well!
- Snacks – Walking in the heat can also make you very hungry, but food at Disney World is expensive and lines can be long so bring you own snacks to tide you over so no one will become cranky and ruin the trip for everyone else.
- Camera/charger – You’ll want to have a camera on hand to capture the memories your family is making at the park. Also bring a charger if you will be using your phone to take pictures and guide you around the park.
- Light jacket – Mornings and nights can get a bit cool so bring a light jacket that you can tie around your waist during the warmer afternoon. You can also use the jacket to lay on the ground if you are waiting on a long line.
- Ponchos – Sometimes in Florida it can start pouring out of nowhere! The rain usually ends as quickly as it began but if you’re not prepared you’ll be walking around in damp clothes the rest of the day which can be very uncomfortable. Ponchos are very lightweight to pack and can be a lifesaver.
- Sunglasses/hats – The sun is strong during the daytime and you’ll want to protect your eyes with sunglasses or a hat/visor. These will especially come in handy when waiting on lines where there’s no shade.
Click here to check out our affordable vacation home rentals near Disney in Florida and in other areas across the sunshine state.
Look no further for vacation home rentals near Disney in Florida! Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals has thirty years experience providing guests with the best Florida dream vacation experiences possible, as well as a level of customer service that exceeds exceptions. They’re based in Orlando with a satellite office in the United Kingdom, so they know how to provide superior service to domestic and European guests.
Feel free to call upon their expert team to provide you with a smooth booking experience for your vacation rental home, condo, villa or townhouse in Orlando, Florida or other Florida destinations. We will help you do all of the planning so you and yours can start making memories!
For more information visit www.floridasunshinevacationrentals.com.
Interested in writing a guest blog for Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals? Send your topic idea to [email protected].
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. Florida Sunshine Vacation Rentals makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, current-ness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.